Do you have an orange light blinking on your Airport Express or Airport Extreme rather than the usual green, steady light?
If so, the most likely cause is that there is a new firmware update available for the Wi-Fi base station.
To resolve this, simply follow the simple steps below:
- If you are using AirPort Utility 5.2 or other later versions, your AirPort will automatically launch the utility mode if the Wi-Fi base station shows an error. If you need to do this on a separate occasion when there isn’t an error, you can also access this independently. It is advisable not to use older versions of AirPort utility before version 5.0. If you are using a Mac, you can find Airport Utility in Applications/ Utilities. If you are using a PC with Microsoft Windows you can find Airport Utility in the start menu/ All programs/ AirPort. Downloads for additional Addware for the Wi-Fi base station are available online here.
- From the AirPort home screen, find the corresponding Wi-Fi base station and click to open the window. Please note that if you have other base stations in your home or office, make sure you locate the correct corresponding AirPort base station, it can be recognised by having the amber circle logo next to the device on the screen.
- When the pop up status window shows, double click the amber circle.
- A diagnostic box will show what faults appear with the Wi-Fi system. Click through the faults to find which one requires attention. Please note to reset the Wi-Fi base station, press the reset switch and another diagnostic will be run to check for further problems. We do not recommend this unless you are sure you know how to reset the box.
- The diagnostic box might ask you to tick various boxes to check for other issues. If you are not sure, you can click these boxes and this tells AirPort that you have chosen to ignore issues for later.
- Click Update for changes to apply, please note your Wi-Fi station will now restart.
- The AirPort light will now show as a static green light on the front of the box. If you can still see the amber light, you will need to repeat steps 1-6 again.
All should now be well again! If you have any problems with this reset, please feel free to contact iSAAC Support and we would be glad to help. Please call 01730 888382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org